Community life at Trinity
Our community life is at the heart of what we do at Trinity. Worshipping and working together, we aim to build each other up for mission and service in today's changing world, in the power of the Holy Spirit.
Trinity is a rich and diverse community:
- We are a group of Christians who seek to live under the authority of Christ, and to help each other to grow as members of his body.
- We each bring our own insights and experience to college life, and together we learn to work out our Christian calling.
- Many are training for ordained ministry in the Church of England.
- Some are training for Christian ministry in other denominations as well as for engagement with with the wider world.
- Some are retraining for future Christian service after many years in their initial career.
- Some come after several years of full-time ministry in the UK or overseas; others are still exploring what their vocation is to be.
- Some are hoping to work abroad, while others come to Trinity to be better equipped to witness for Christ in their secular employment.
- There is an increasing number of part-time students engaged on research degrees; many of these are ordained and ministering in local churches in the UK or overseas.
- Part-time students (including those training for ordination) attend evening classes, 'block weeks' (one study unit taught intensively over a week and some weekends.
- We have a number of international students who bring their own distinctive insights into the way in which the Christian faith is lived.
- We have many visitors from other countries, including our World Church Fellows; some of them have the opportunity to preach in chapel, to speak about their countries in Gospel in Action or to share their experiences informally with students.
- We value links with our alumni and welcome them back each year to our summer conference, garden party, and the annual general meeting of the Trinity College Association, which is a valuable way of keeping us in touch with them, as are our Newsletters.